Meet The Coaches
Head Coach - Martin Jones
- A former England and Great Britain International with 118 Caps, Martin played in various International Tournaments including two World Cups (2002 & 2006) and a Commonwealth Games (2006). As a player with Cannock and Beeston, Martin won the English Premier League eight times and was also named Premier League Player of The Year in 2005.
- In his first season as Beeston Men’s 1st XI Coach, in 2011, Martin became the youngest to win the Premier League when he guided the club to their first ever success in the competition, aged 30. This was followed up with another Title two years later. During his time at Beeston, Martin coached Beeston to three consecutive Quarter-Finals of the EHL.
- In recent years, Martin has been Assistant Coach to England U21 Women and is currently Assistant Coach to England U18 Men. Martin is also a lead NAGS Academy coach.
- Martin is Director of Hockey at Repton School, the most successful in the history of the National Schools Competitions. Repton School have won twenty-nine National Titles, at all age groups, since Martin has been in post.
- Martin also has experience coaching school and club sides in Chile as well as spending time running coaching clinics in the US in recent years.
Player Development Coach - Simon Clague
- A former Wales International in both indoor and outdoor hockey. Simon also captained Wales U21 in European events in both formats of the game.
- Simon was Master in charge of hockey at Repton between 1989 and 2009, during which time the school began to forge a national reputation with success at all age groups.
- Simon is now Head of Physical Education at Repton school and works closely with Martin Jones with the 1st XI Repton teams. He focusses his attention with the junior teams, more specifically Repton U14 boys' and girls' teams.
- During his six year tenure with the school U14 teams, Repton boys have appeared at national hockey finals on five occasions and the girls on four occasions, with a total of eight top four finishes.
- Simon has also coached at various age groups at Belper HC and with the England Hockey Single System.
Coach - Russell Anderson
- A current Scotland Senior International who has performed in recent Europeans and World League Competitions.
- Currently playing for Cannock Hockey Club Men’s 1st XI and awarded Player of the Year in their 2015-2016 Premier League Season.
- Russell is the Head of Hockey at Foremarke Hall Repton Preparatory School and is currently involved in the development of the U9s, U10s, U11s and U13s Boys and Girls Hockey. The Boys and Girls have qualified for the National IAPS competitions on several occasions in the U11s and U13s, achieving National success (U11 Boys 2013, U11 Girls 2014 and U13 Girls 2015).
- Prior to Foremarke Hall Russell has been involved with the England Hockey Single System in the North West District.
Coach - Sarah Cockayne
- Former Premier League Player, Leicester Ladies Hockey Club, achieving:
- 6 National Premier League Titles
- 4 National Cup Titles.
- 1 European Outdoor Gold medal, 2 European Outdoor Silver medals & 1 European Outdoor Bronze medal.
- 3 National Indoor Premier League Titles.
- 1 European Indoor Bronze medal.
- Head of Physical Education at Loughborough High School
Coach - Ami Turner
- NCAA Division 1 Field Hockey Lafayette College 2013-17
- Rob Short Summer Academy 2015-16
- Coach for Junior West Vancouver Field Hockey 2010-15
- US Disney Festival World of Sports
- US National Championships
- West Vancouver Womens League 2009-13; Northwest Regionals Selection Team 2010-13; West Vancouver Adanacs Canadian Touring team
- Carson Graham High School Varsity Field Hockey 2010-13 Co-Captain 2013
- Junior Spring League since the age of 7!
Coach - Mike Casey
- 2017/18 Performance Centre Coach Birmingham Boys
- Involved with Junior hockey at School, Club, County and JRPC levels at various stages since beginning my coaching career in 2005 in Lytham St. Annes.
- Initially based in the North West of England coaching at Lytham St Annes Hockey as the lead junior coach for the junior girls section achieving local and regional successes.
- Coach at Arnold and King Edwards school coaching a variety of ages, both boys and girls winning the under 16’s National finals in 2012.
- 2013 coach with the Lincolnshire JAC and JDC. Lead coach for Lincolnshire girls and oversaw the coaching of all the age groups offered, as the lead coach of the U17 girls who were runners up of the inter-county tournament in 2016.
- Assistant coach for the Under 15 Boys at the Nottingham JRPC in 2014, Lead coach for the Under 15 Boys the season after and then followed that season as the Lead coach of the U18 Girls Nottingham centre.
- September 2016 - Moved to Foremarke as a Houseparent and Hockey Coach.