Codes of Conduct for Parents, Players and Coaches
Parents and spectators have a great influence on children's enjoyment and success in hockey. Children play hockey first and foremost because they love playing. Repton Hockey Club is dedicated to nurturing that enjoyment and enthusiasm for the game as a foundation for developing the skills and tactical abilities of each player.
1. Respect all decisions made by the coaches, umpires and match officials.
2. Be a role model by supporting your child.
3. Do not coach your child from the sidelines during matches or training.
4. Respect the rights of all players.
5. Encourage all members of the team by applauding effort and hard work, as well as success.
6. Avoid criticising any player on the pitch.
7. Encourage players to abide by the rules.
8. Be positive at all times.
9. Do not shout or criticise players if they make a mistake.
10. Do not be rude towards players, other parents, coaches and officials.
1. I will demonstrate good sportsmanship.
2. I will respect coaches, opponents, officials, parents and my teammates.
3. I will not swear or be rude to anyone.
4. I will play by the rules.
5. I will work hard for myself and for the team.
6. I will play sport for my own enjoyment.
7. I will not argue with officials.
8. I will do my best to listen and learn from my coaches.
9. I will be punctual and bring all required kit to each training session and match.
10. I will support and encourage my team.
1. I will instill the correct attitude towards training and games.
2. I will teach my players transferable skills.
3. I will promote fair play amongst my team.
4. I will provide constructive criticism.
5. I will never engage in offensive or rude behaviour.
6. I will keep learning as a coach.
7. I will encourage parental support.
8. I will provide players with planned and structured training programmes appropriate to their abilities and goals.
9. I will ensure that all training and competitions are safe and age appropriate.
10. I will be fair, considerate and honest with all players and officials.